Join Us In Chicago!
In 2015 the Global Legal Skills Conference returns to where it began — the vivacious city of Chicago. The GLS Conference has been held around the world — in Chicago, Washington D.C., Mexico, Costa Rica, and Italy. 2015 will mark the tenth time that the conference has brought together educators and practitioners from around the globe.
The 2015 conference is jointly sponsored by The John Marshall Law School, Northwestern University School of Law, and the Facultad Libre de Derecho de Monterrey (Mexico).
The GLS-10 conference will be held on Wednesday, May 20, 2015, and Thursday, May 21, 2015, at The John Marshall Law School in Chicago. On Friday May 22, 2015 the conference will move slightly north to Northwestern University School of Law. Optional excursions in Chicago will be offered before and after the conference (or plan your own adventure . . . we’ll help you with ideas!)
A number of professional associations are supporters or co-sponsors of the GLS Conference Series.
- American Bar Association Section of International Law (ABA-SIL)
- American Society of International Law (ASIL)
- Association of Legal Writing Directors (Sponsor of the Writers’ Forum)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- International Law Students Association (ILSA)
- Lawbility (Switzerland)
- The Law Society of England and Wales (International Division)
- Scribes—The American Society of Legal Writers
- Teaching International Law Committee of the American Branch of the International Law Association (ABILA)
To view lists of participating associations, names of persons on the conference committees, and institutions that will be represented at the conference, please visit the About page ›. The GLS-10 will also include business meetings for the Legal Writing Institute Global Legal Skills Committee and the Association of American Law Schools Section on Graduate Programs for Non-U.S. Lawyers.