Join us in Monterrey!
The 2017 Global Legal Skills Conference (GLS-12) will provide an opportunity to share the best practices of international legal skills education while taking in the beautiful surroundings of Monterrey, Mexico. This year’s conference at the Facultad Libre de Derecho de Monterrey will begin on Wednesday, March 15, and continue through Friday, March 17, 2017. There will also be a pre-conference field trip on March 14, 2017.
Your experience in Monterrey will allow you to learn and share cutting-edge information on global legal education and to meet experts and new friends from Australia, Canada, Estonia, Germany, Haiti, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, The Netherlands, Qatar, Russia, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, The United Kingdom, The United States and Venezuela.
The First International (Bilingual) Contract Negotiation and Drafting Workshop for Law Students
As a special feature of the March 2017 conference, we’re also planning a workshop on contract negotiation and drafting for law students. In this workshop, English and Spanish speaking law students will act in teams to negotiate and draft a simple business contract – for example, a franchise agreement for a hotel or restaurant. Negotiations will take place in English and Spanish, and the resulting document will be drafted in both languages.
- November 17, 2016: Presentation proposals’ deadline
- January 27, 2017: Early bird registration deadlines
- Early bird conference registration fee $250US
- Extra tickets for Mexican Fiesta at special price $50US
- Tickets for City Tour at special price $99US
- Early bird Students’ Workshop registration fee $99US
- February 28, 2017: Hotel registration deadline (special room rates)